Saturday, January 28, 2012

oops, my neurosis is showing...


Do you have a favorite pen? It's not really that it's my favorite pen. It isn't even pretty. And you know how I love pretty things. But for some odd reason, I cannot read my work notes if I use a different pen. I only use a blue Pilot pen. Not even a techpen. Just a regular ballpoint pen. It has just the right point (just as my BIC mechanical pencils need to be 0.5). And it has to be blue. Even if I use exactly the same type of Pilot pen - but in black rather than blue, I can't seem to read my work notes. Somehow, I can't find what I'm looking for. My brain just seems to refuse reading notes using other pens!

I remember when I started working many, many years ago, my boss used a really fancy pen. I remember wondering if I would ever get to that level where you aren't afraid you'll lose such a fancy pen - aside from of course, afford one. But I seriously doubt that my neurotic fixation on my blue Pilot ballpoint pen will ever allow me to use a fancy pen for work. To write on post-its or home notebooks, not a problem. But never for work. Eeep, does that take my neurosis to an even higher level?

Photo from annniegirl.

Click here for previous posts from the Oops, My Neurosis Is Showing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment