Sunday, October 14, 2012

Isabella: then & now


I was quite captivated by this series of photos. Later, I realized that I was drawn to them because they perfectly depict how Isabella is these days.

She tends to shy away from the camera.


She keeps to a little nook in the room, so quiet, you wouldn't even notice she's there...


... reading either downloaded fanfic or, like last night, The Mark of Athena.


Pretty ironic because I remember how she used to love the camera, how she would gamely pose...


... always animated & gregarious - certainly not quiet...


... and hardly ever alone. She was so sociable and desired company so much, I don't remember her ever engaging in solitary play as a child.

Truly, 15-year-old Isabella is remarkably different from her 6-year-old self. One thing that has not changed however, is her love for company. Yes, my once-chatterbox now tends to read quietly in her little nook, but it's a nook in my room. We may not be doing the same thing together like we used to, but I am perfectly happy doing our own thing - me, blogging or watching a DVD and her, reading, but both of us - in the same room. I love this...


... especially when she glances my way every once in a while.

Photos from acupofjo.

Click here for a previous post on how I get my now quiet teen to bring back the chatterbox in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment