Thursday, August 9, 2012

here we flood again


Yes, what I was afraid of here, did happen. Our street is flooded. Just a few inches above gutter-level. Neighbors say it's waist-deep outside our village (hope the families in that area are okay!)... so we're stuck at home.

Isabella and Noah were getting really antsy after being cooped up in the house for 2 days so I eventually allowed them to wade in the flood on our street. In Plueys, of course!


And I gave very strict instructions...


... not to run or jump. The kids had to drag their feet slowly as they walked up...


and down...


our flooded street. (ocmominmanila, don't worry. we scrubbed ourselves well in the bath after... just in case some floodwater splattered on us and we just didn't notice.)

I really hope the flood subsides tonight... Largely because the kids enjoyed wading in the water so much, they were pestering me all afternoon to go back out to our flooded street! I think Noah secretly wishes the flood doesn't subside...

Photos are my own - taken with my Canon S-90 - and from annnniegirl.

Click here and here for previous posts on Plueys rainboots.

No comments:

Post a Comment