Tuesday, May 15, 2012

supposedly successful half-tuck


This would have been a successful half-tuck as defined here. But I couldn't bring myself to include it in my of-dots-&-things post because of the woman's black bra under her white shirt.

And while I believe Carrie Bradshaw left a great sartorial legacy, this is one trend she started that I am not a fan of. I don't mind a dark bra peeking through a sheer top of a similar hue. If this woman was wearing a brown or fun-colored bra under her white button-down, I wouldn't have been perfectly fine with it. But I just can't bring myself to appreciate a black bra under a white shirt.

Then again, a white bra under a black or white shirt is much, much worse. 

What about you? For you, is a black bra under a white top fashionable or a fashion faux pas? 

Photo from pinkwallpaper.

Click here for the of-dots-&-things version of this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment