Saturday, October 8, 2011

i worry.


I worry that my kids did not experience having to rewind a casette tape before re-playing their favorite song on the tape. I worry that they did not experience having to wait for the rewinder to finish winding back their VHS or Betamax tape before they could watch a movie again.

I worry that they don't need to sit through songs they don't like in order to hear the ones they love.

I worry that the casette and VHS tapes of my time were the sole teachers of patience, acceptance and self-control. I worry.

Photo from lushlee. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I still got to experience these! I remember the rewinder that was designed like a car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @GG That's why it's so great that you found this mochi ice cream with the reminder that "Good things come to those who wait." http://thegorgeousgourmande.blogspot.com/2011/10/mochi-mochi.html

    ReplyDelete