Saturday, August 13, 2011

a wedding at twilight


Bella and Edward are getting married right this minute! Of course, this is the official wedding date even though (1) Twihards (I can't help chuckle at this term! So witty!) calculated the actual wedding (according to the book) to be in 2006, and (2) the wedding scene for the movie has already been shot.

It's cool how they've generated buzz around a movie prop even before the movie actually comes out! 

I haven't been able to read Breaking Dawn because my 13-year-old daughter keeps hogging it. But I've swung from Team Edward while I was reading Midnight Sun (Yes, I have no E.Q. Read it right after Twilight and swooned like a teenage girl!) to Team Jacob in New Moon and Eclipse. So let me veer away from the whole Edward-Bella-Jacob topic and stick to this invite.

With the official Cullen crest emblazoned on the wax seal on the envelope.


I love how Catherine of Design Editor puts it here, "Design meets Twilight. Be still my heart! I dunno though. Edward and Bella are a little edgier than this." So true. There is nothing dark about this wedding invitation. It looks so normal (albeit quite elegant) when Bella and Edward are the furthest you can get from normalcy.

In any case, this post is dedicated to all the Twihards [chuckle] out there who anticipated twilight of August the 13th since June and even google-mapped to check if the location really does exist (It doesn't.). And to my Isabella, who right this minute, as Bella and Edward are supposedly waking down the aisle, finally lets me borrow her beat-up, dog-eared copy of Breaking Dawn.

And so I begin reading...

Childhood is not from brith to a certain age and at a certain age
The child is grown, and puts away childish things.
Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Photos from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment