Sunday, April 29, 2012

their Spring, our Summer colors


I admit, it was a relief to see Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover of the Harper's Bazaar Spring 2012 issue in black. Yes, the above is the subscription cover (that, as you know from here, is different from the newsstand cover). And yes, it is the Spring issue.


Very different from the usual colorful Spring issues - like the March 2012 Aussie version here, right?


It was a busy start-of-the-summer at work for me. So trying to avoid black this summer would have been added pressure. Plus, I can always count on black to hide the fat. :) I was going to wear anything I wanted anyway, so it was good to get Gwyneth's nod of approval.

The funny thing is that after I get a license to wear black during the summer, I can't help get drawn to Spring's pastels. You already know how I am obsessed with seafoam green here.


So imagine how kid-in-a-candy-store I felt at H&M during my recent trip to Singapore. I was hoping to score some Marni-H&M returns (see related post here), but that didn't work out. Fortunately, the pastels of the Conscious Collection consoled me (and the environment at the same time).


I ended up buying the printed straight dress below, those peach shorts that I plan to pair with a sheer seafoam green sleeveless top I also got at H&M.


Oh, and how do I hide the fat in these light pastels? Well, like I always say when I gain a few pounds, it's either time to hop on the treadmill or go shopping for bigger clothes. I just did the latter! Problem solved in Spring's pastels! 

Photos from pinkwallpaperH&M, here, here and here.

Click here for previous posts on fatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment