Wednesday, July 13, 2011

mall nostalgia

It's funny how these random photos remind me of the malls in the 80's.

SM (Makati or Cubao, can't quite remember) had a section at the center of the department store with European-looking benches, a lot of plastic greenery and red phone booths.

Unimart had Orange Julius (that frothy orange juice) and a Coney Island ice cream scooping station. I used to get either bubblegum or orange with chocolate fudge and rainbow sprinkles.

Alimall had this Italian restaurant, Trattoria Uno, which served freshly-baked bread and had people's signatures all over their white walls. This place I miss very, very much. The bread and their seafood marinara soup. Mmmmm!

Rustan's Makati always had fabulous window displays. I remember wanting to be a window-designer as a kid because the Rustan's windows always greeted me when I hopped off the old Love Bus.

Sigh. I wonder if I will remember the malls of today with the same fondness? I love that the malls of the 80's had these charming, memorable details.

What about you? What do you remember of the malls of the 80's?

No comments:

Post a Comment